Thursday, October 31, 2013

Julep Maven October 2013 "It Girl" Box-Rebel Themed

Hey Everyone,
We need some more nail polish happiness in here after the last post so here goes-I'm posting my Julep Maven October 2013 box review.  October's theme is The Rebel Set and I loved the colors in this month's It Girl box.  Here is what I got in my box plus two add-ons.


 
From Left to Right: Ciara, Kendra, Missy, Casper (add-on), Stevie (add-on)
 
Here's a rundown of the colors:
 
 
Ciara-Ciara is my absolute favorite in this box.  I've decided that I like frosts, microshimmers, and microglitters and this one is described as a vampy magenta with teal microglitter.  You can see the microglitter in person even in the brightest of light, it's so beautiful.  This color gets an A+ from me.  Here's a swatch of it:
 
 
 
 
 
Kendra- Now this army green frost polish caught me by surprise because it's one color I didn't think I would like but I did, a lot.  There's like a silvery shimmer to it when in light and it's so perfect in person.  I give it an A.
 
 
Missy-This is my favorite polish from the box behind Ciara.  It's described as a titanium metallic and boy does it scream metallic, metallic, metallic!  It's so bright in the bottle and on the nails that I thought I needed sunglasses!  Man!  That's bright!  I give it an A+ also.
 
 
Add-ons:
 
 
Casper-This is described as a sheer white shimmer that glows in the dark.  It was the featured add-on for Halloween (I was hoping for an orange but that's just me).  But I didn't notice the glow in the dark effect.  Maybe it's just me or my nails didn't get enough light.  Oh well.  It's very sheer so maybe three or four coats will do.  I give it a B.
 
 
Stevie-This polish is supposed to be a concrete grey frost but it looks like a metallic color to me.  It's so gorgeous on the nails that it jumps out and screams, "Am I a frost or a metallic?!  Please tell me!".  I give it an A+ too.
 
 
So there you have it.  That was the October 2013 Julep Maven box.  As always have a great day and stay tuned for more!
 
 
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment