Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Two Cents on this Whole Bondi Fiasco

Hey Everyone,
Some of you may have or have not heard about this new startup company Bondi New York putting their subscription service on hold recently, sending many people scrambling to get their refunds that they are due.  Is Bondi really giving out refunds?  Did they actually ship the September boxes and beauty gifts?  So to clear things up here are my two cents on this whole situation.

One, I am truly disappointed in this company because I thought that they were a legit company and that they actually were truthful and honest.  I was wrong, way wrong.  According to posts on the Bondi Swap Group on Facebook, the September boxes and beauty gifts were never shipped in the first place, making the founder and his company total liars.  So that's why we never received updated tracking information, hmm?  Well, my faith in Bondi is completely gone.  I have thrown away all my Bondi polishes and I will throw away the two that are coming in the mail today and from this day forward I will never buy or use anymore Bondi polishes, including the clear coat which I will throw away as well.  I have since subscribed to Square Hue and will keep Julep and also subscribed to NatureBox.

Two, I think Bondi, which started up in March, shouldn't have come out with a subscription box until they did the research about shipping options and how they were going to manage the subscription service.  Julep has been around for seven years and they didn't come out with a subscription box until 2011.  I think new companies need to do the research first before they jump into the subscription service market.  There's a lot of planning that's involved that needs to be done first and you need to get your feet wet before you make a decision about where you want to go as a company.  I agree Julep has done wrong with switching to DHL as their shipping service and that they need to improve their customer service and make cancelling easier for those who want to cancel but I'll stick with them anyways, if it means waiting 9 days for my packages to arrive.

I will see if Bondi can turn things around because their polish is good especially the clear coat and their formula is great.  But only time will tell.

Well, that's my two cents on this whole situation.  As always, have a great day and stay tuned for more!

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment